COVID-19 Protocol & Update
From the Metcalfe Hotel
As the COVID-19 situation rapidly evolves, rest assured that our hotel management team continues to follow the advice and guidance of leading health agencies and governments, taking the necessary steps to maintain a safe environment for our staff, residents and hotel guests.
- All “high-touch” areas in public spaces are treated with EPS rated hospital grade disinfectant/sanitizer.
- Please be advised that effective July 7, 2020, the Medical Officer of Health for Ottawa Public Health has instructed every Operator of an Enclosed Public Space with the city of Ottawa to wear a face mask. All persons entering or remaining in The Metcalfe Hotel’s public areas, are therefore required to wear a mask or face covering at all times. All masks or face coverings must cover the nose, mouth and chin.
- Each check out room will be placed in an incubation period for a minimum of 24 hours before it receives an enhanced “High Touch” deep cleaning service.
- Protective barriers have been installed on our Front Desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the common areas for your use.
- Our staff are trained in preventing the spread of germs.
- Hygiene and cleanliness remain our top priority throughout every facet of our operations.
- No Hotel personnel will enter a guest’s room during their stay without permission.
- Regular training is provided to hotel associates highlighting the latest safety and cleanliness guidance.
- Social-distancing measures have been implemented in all public, event and back-of-house areas of the hotel.
- Back of House: In the spaces where our team members work ‘behind the scenes’, our hotel is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas such as associate entrances, locker rooms and staff offices.
- Take a breath of clean air in our rooms. All guestrooms have windows that open, providing fresh, outside air into your room.