Looking for an Ottawa Hotel Job? We’re Looking for People Like You
Authentic in attitude and locally owned and managed, The Metcalfe is a casual boutique hotel located in a century-old building that was once Ottawa’s YMCA. Our atmosphere recaptures the spirit and simplicity of an earlier time. Our culture celebrates the vitality of our neighbourhood.
Apply today for our Ottawa hotel jobs.
The Metcalfe Hotel is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, The Metcalfe will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process. Please submit your resume/cv to email@example.com
Cluster Sales Manager - The Metcalfe Hotel & The Carleton Suite Hotel
The Cluster Sales Manager will provide total account management support for their assigned property accounts. By applying the principles of strategic account management, this position will partner with the Director of Sales, and the property Leadership teams, to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from their assigned accounts. As a Cluster Sales Manager, this individual will develop strong partnerships with all accounts for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for hotel in both Transient Corporate and Corporate Group Segment. The position will focus specifically on growing market share from transient and group revenue.
The Cluster Sales Manager will execute the overall account strategy for assigned accounts to generate and maximize business for the property. Overall, the position is accountable for the following:
- Develop and implement the overall account strategy for assigned accounts. Execute sales strategy to achieve property goals with the assistance of the property DOS and GM’s.
- Retain, expand and grow account revenue of existing accounts through total account penetration, margin management, and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives. Penetrate assigned accounts for group and transient, as well as exploring opportunities for extended stay and catering sales business. Maintain current business accounts for new business within accounts.
- Navigate and utilize brand reporting documents to support pricing of accounts in the year for the year or future years.
- Building compelling business cases for both brands with the purpose of gaining account acceptance.
- Ensure to meet all RFP (Request for Proposal) deadlines for both brands to ensure maximum share of preferred accounts trending in the market.
- Identify and aggressively solicit new accounts in coordination with assistance of the Director of Sales and Above Property Sales when required.
- Gain understanding of the hotel’s primary target customers and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans. Execute designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Collaborate and engage third parties that are sourced through the organization for their individual travel or group planning needs.
- Serve as the account’s “local contact” by ensuring that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
- Build and strengthen accounts with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include outside sales calls, telephone prospecting, entertainment, site inspections, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Understand the overall market dynamics - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell to assigned accounts. Act as the customer’s advocate through understanding account needs and opportunities. Identify emerging business opportunities and risks within assigned accounts and provide feedback to key stakeholders (i.e. property Leadership).
- Leverage appropriate above property sales and property Leaderships to ensure account saturation, pull-through of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
- Develop a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotels level.
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, writing catering confirmation and Event Orders and customer correspondence).
- Establish and maintain accurate and up-to-date customer, account and opportunity data each account in Delphi Sales and Catering to ensure accurate reporting.
- Effectively resolve guest issues that arise in the sales process. Bring issues to the attention of the Director of Sales and/or property leaderships, as appropriate.
- Execute and support Marriott & IHG’s Customer Service Standards, in addition to the hotel’s operational standards.
- Participate in and practice daily service basics of the brands.
- Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
- Must have minimum of three (3) years hospitality sales experience or like industry with a proven track record demonstrating assertive development of new accounts.
- Hospitality Degree or Diploma an asset.
- Must possess superior English language communication skills (written and verbal), excellent computer skills (required: Microsoft, Excel, and Power Point).
- Knowledge of a Client Relationship Management system (CRM), i.e. Opera or Delphi FDC is an asset.
- Highly energetic, aggressive self-starter and well-developed sales skills including negotiating.
- Team player Must have a valid driver's license, own transportation, willing to work flexible hours, and be available to travel on occasion.
Full-time, 12 month contract